The Student News Site of Lincoln Southeast High School

The Clarion

The Clarion

The Clarion

Forced To Fit In
Forced To Fit In
June 6, 2024
Breaking Barriers
Breaking Barriers
June 4, 2024
Graphic by Jenna Steinke
TikTok Ban
June 3, 2024
Adventures Abroad
Adventures Abroad
May 30, 2024

What to watch this summer

LSE students weigh in on the top shows to binge on break

With the 2023-2024 school year coming to a end, one thing some students may wonder is what to do this summer. While a large majority of people today usually spend their time watching or catching up on their favorite show, some people are unsure on what to watch. However, there are many shows that are currently popular right now and others coming out this summer for students to watch.

Sophomore Addison Wolfe is looking forward to watching the new season of the wildly popular Netflix series “Bridgerton”.

“I watched it a while ago because I heard it was really good and I binged it in about a week. I just got back into it because I was telling my mom about it and the new season is coming out, so we started watching it together because she’s never seen it,” Wolfe said.

Wolfe also said she would recommend the show to people who are into long shows with hour-long episodes.

“It’s a really good show to stick with and it’s kind of an old-fashioned, fancy, royal show. It’s definitely very ‘girly’ and kind of cheesy and a bit romance-ish,” Wolfe said.

Wolfe also said this to people who may be interested in watching “Bridgerton” this summer.

“I would definitely say if they’re into long shows, its kind of long and if they can stick with it, it’s a really good show to stick with. It’s kind of a old-fashioned and fancy, royal show,” Wolfe said.

Another student, sophomore Kenton Rose, recommends watching “One Piece.”

“It can be a good show to have on in the background,” Rose said.

Another student, sophomore Alexander Ringenberg, had several things to say about what students should watch this summer.

“My favorite series of all time is “Neon Genesis Evangelion” and hopefully one day it will be on streaming services,” Ringenberg said.

Ringenberg said the first series that he couldn’t stop watching was called “Neon Genesis Evangelion”. He started it was he was 9-years-old on a day when he was stuck at home with a fever.

“It’s not for everyone, I can say that for sure, what I recommended is just watch it and see. There is no dub for it since it’s Japanese, so you have to use the subtitles,” Ringenberg said.

Ringenberg also said that he prefers to watch shorter shows rather than longer, bingeable shows.

“I just watch basically everything I mean, I’m not really much of a binger, I tend to just watch a bit, watch another series, then watch again so long series are a pain for me. Usually shorter shows I’d prefer,” Ringenberg said.