Why be a Knight?: Future Knight Night

Nina Peci

By: Nina Peci –

LSE opened its doors to soon-to-be Knights for Future Knight Night on Jan. 24. Clubs and athletics promoted all that they have to offer, students explored Southeast’s halls, and enjoyed performances from Band, Cheer, Step Chain, and Shirettes.

Each school has a unique culture and reputation, and although they all offer students a great education, each school has their own strengths to offer students. So out of all the great schools LPS has to offer, why do students choose to come to Southeast?

The social aspect of entering an entirely new school is a big deal for most kids.

“[I’m going to Southeast because] a lot of my peers are, the great teachers, and my sister goes here,” said incoming freshman Emma Botelho. Having some familiar faces in the halls and even a sibling already here can make the transition much less stressful or scary.

It’s no secret that Southeast also has great athletics, and for some students, athletics is a game changer. It’s a great way to get involved, make friends, and connect with teachers and students. Southeast offers a wide variety of sports, from the football field to the swimming pool, all student athletes are welcome.

“I’m coming for my friends and to be on the softball team,” said Mallory Malone, excited to connect with her future team. Emily Schmid looks forward to joining the swim team, and for Ibrahim Al Fenin it’s the wrestling team. These future student athletes already have Knight Pride and can’t wait to represent Southeast.

Southeast is rooted in tradition and excellence. So whether you’re here for a club, sports, or simply academics, we’re all here “because of the good community of people and the good education,” as said best by Ella Salem.

Photos from Future Knight Night:

Maddie Elbracht, Editor in Chief, and Alyssa Allaire, sponsor, promoting the Shield Yearbook and showing off their past yearbooks.

Baltensperger and Stoehr hand out LSE Knights bags to students.

Tillinghast and Thompson promote Southeast’s business clubs, FBLA and DECA.

The Clarion staff promoting their publication to future journalists.

Photos by: Nina Peci