The Clarion

Hoco Royalty: Ravon “The Don” Woods promotes his candidacy with messages of positivity

Reis Jensen, Sports Editor

The halls of LSE have been filled with excitement this week as students partake in LSE’s Spirit Week. Not only are eyes going to be locked in on peculiar fashion choices, an eventful pep rally, and the big game, but everyone will be anticipating a sweet end to the week with the announcement of homecoming royalty on Friday, Oct. 5. Among the many candidates for this year’s Homecoming King is senior Ravon Woods.

For Woods, the homecoming process began, as it did for many candidates, far before the first glimpses of Spirit Week.

“First, I started off trying to promote it on social media,” Woods said. “I’m trying to promote a positive environment, [and] good energy. Also I’m trying to be funny, not just a serious, cool rap dude.”

As a believer in self-advocacy, Woods went to work posting videos including topics like anti-bullying.

Another technique that has helped the senior is confidence. “Confidence is key,” says Woods. “If you don’t believe in yourself a lot of other people won’t.” As a local rapper, confidence is a trait Woods has had to have in his personality and whether it was the videos and his belief in himself or not, something seems to have been working for his campaign.

After being nominated, Woods then went on to advance past the first round of voting. The next step of the journey was the walk of nominees at halftime of the Lincoln Southeast vs Pius game on Thursday, October 4, where he joined the remaining candidates. From there they will wait to see who will raise the crown at the dance this Friday.

Woods also left us with one last thing: “‘Ravon the Don stands for positivity. Vote for him.”

About the Writer
Reis Jensen, Sports Co-Editor

Reis Jensen is a junior at Lincoln Southeast High School. This is Reis's first year with the Clarion and is currently the Sports Co-Editor. He is passionate...