Homecoming 2019: A Rainy Knight in NYC and HOCO ‘Proposals’

Jerrica Zuhlke, Copy Editor

This year, make sure to bring an umbrella to Homecoming, because Rainy Knight in NYC has been chosen for this year’s theme.

As usual, LSE will be hosting a pep rally on Thursday, Sept. 26, in the Prasch Gym. Performances by Cheer, Shirettes and Step Chain will take place at the rally. 

Homecoming Royalty will also be introduced. Voting for Homecoming Royalty was be available on the LSE website after nominations were finalized on Friday, Sept. 13. Nominations and voting were open to seniors only. 

The Homecoming Dance will take place on Friday, Sept. 27, from 8:30 to 11:30 p.m. in the Prasch Gym. Tickets are $10 each, and will be available to purchase during all three lunches on Sept. 23-27. No tickets will be available at the doors, so make sure to get tickets during the scheduled times. Also, make sure to keep in mind that all fines must be paid off before the purchase of a ticket. 

With the beginning of the Homecoming season coming into full swing, many people take it upon themselves to ask their date in a creative and exciting way. One of these people being Carson Lauterbach (10) who asked his date, Lily Schroeder (10), to Homecoming with a homemade sign, designed specifically for Schroeder. 

“She’s a swimmer there, so I kind of incorporated swimming with the sign. It said ‘Let’s make a splash at homecoming,’” Lauterbach said. 

This creative way of asking another to homecoming is very similar to a “Promposal,” the only difference being the dance it is for. Over the past few years, these proposals have become insanely common. With these proposals being used so often, many people try to be as creative as possible. 

“I think sometimes people can get a little overboard. People can get a little crazy,” Schroeder said. 

So, just keep in mind, simplicity is key. 

If you are planning on bringing somebody who doesn’t attend Southeast, a dance permission form must be filled out by that guest. This form can be found either in the Main Office, or on the LSE website. During the dance, all LPS rules and regulations will be in place. If any regulations are not followed by a student, they may be asked to leave. This policy will also be in place for any inappropriate dancing taking place during the dance.

Keeping these things in mind, LSE hopes students have an enjoyable time during the Homecoming Dance, and they hope you will come back next year.