Auditions begin for next year’s choirs

Nathan Damme, Staff Writer

Auditions for next year’s choirs are happening right now at Lincoln Southeast (LSE). There are three audition dates: Feb. 3, 6 and 13. Choir is one of LSE’s many popular activities.

Auditions are not taking place over Zoom, but rather, in-person, with two of the days taking place on Saturdays.

Junior Trenton Johanson is currently involved in Bel Canto and Court Choir. He plans on auditioning to be a member of  Bel Canto and Court choir again for next year.

These auditions are a tense time for everyone involved, but it’s not all bad, as there is a lot to look forward to next year.

“I’m excited to have my audition in-person, and to be able to show everything I have learned in class this past year,” Johanson said. 

This is a feeling many people within choir are experiencing. Choir was difficult these last few months being in and out of the building. With next year just around the corner, many are hopeful that things will run a little more smoothly. But that doesn’t mean choir auditions are stress-free. Sophomore Larkin Barry is currently in Knight Sounds and has mixed feelings about the auditions. 

“I’m really excited about the chance to get into the varsity choirs, since I will be a junior.” 

Emotions are high as the auditions are happening, many people are excited, yet anxious to see how they do in their auditions and see where they will get placed. 

If you are interested in auditioning, email Mrs. Noonan, or Mr. Rickert for more information.