Spring activities to enjoy the warmer weather

Photo by: Uwe Conrad

Erin Geschwender, Design Editor

With the arrival of spring and the warmer weather brought along with it, it is the perfect time to get outside and enjoy some outdoor activities. While it is unsafe to partake in some activities due to the COVID-19 pandemic, here are six ways to enjoy the warmer weather and spring cheer.

1. Go on a walk

After being cooped up inside all winter, it is definitely a good idea to get out of the house and stretch your legs. Whether you prefer to walk around your neighborhood, along a path at one of Lincoln’s many parks or anywhere else it is a great way to get some exercise.

2. Make spring themed desserts

While you can enjoy all kinds of desserts any time of year, fresh and fruity desserts have a stronger appeal during the springtime. 

3. Try a new sport

You may not be good at first but getting some friends together to try a new sport can be a great way to enjoy the nice weather while also breaking out of the boring routine many of us have fallen into during the pandemic.  

4. Eat outside

Even if you don’t want to leave the house you can still enjoy the spring weather from the comfort of your home. You could eat a meal out on your porch or find a nice place to have a picnic. And if you do want to leave home, you could stop at a nearby park for a meal. 

5. Garden

While it may not be everyone’s cup of tea, if you have ever had an interest in trying gardening it will soon be the perfect time to grow some flowers, fruits or vegetables. 

6. Do your school work outside

It can be boring to sit inside your room day after day doing your homework. Especially for Zoom students, sitting outside can be a nice way to bring some variety to your day and enjoy the sunshine. 

No matter whether you prefer to stay home or get out and explore there are plenty of ways to avoid missing out on the wonderful spring weather ahead.