Auditions begin for Spring Musical “Once Upon A Mattress”

Amiah Robinson, Staff Writer

The LSE Theater Department start auditions today for the Spring Musical – “Once Upon A Mattress”.

The musical is a creative retelling of the classic fairytale “The Princess and the Pea”. In the musical, Winnifread, the princess, is one of many to be given an impossible test by the queen in order to marry the prince. Will the princess pass the impossible task of feeling a tiny pea beneath a mountain of mattresses?

LSE Theater Director Tyler Lambley chose this musical for two reasons; Lambley says that this year’s senior class is very talented and have not yet performed an old school classic musical in all of their four years here at LSE.

Lambley hopes the audience enjoys the show and experiences, “a sense of joy, because the show itself is really ridiculous and silly.” 

If you’re a student who is interested in auditioning for the upcoming Spring Musical “Once Upon a Mattress”, auditions are this week, beginning Feb. 7 – 10. Choreography auditions will take place in the Jennifer L. Dorsey-Howley Performing Arts Center from 3 – 5:30 p.m.  on Feb. 7. Singing and Acting auditions take place from 7:30 – 9 p.m on Feb. 8, 3:30 – 6 p.m on Feb. 9th and 5:30 – 7:30 on Feb. 10.  

Lambley wishes anyone who will be auditioning to remember to “be confident, take risks, and come prepared with music learned and ready to sing!”

Auditions will prove to be a fun and immersive experience for anyone who participates. Be sure to dress comfortably. Call backs will be posted the following week.

Good luck Knights!