LSE Divers compete at the Heartland Athletic Conference

Evan Merrell, Broadcast Editor

Last Thursday, Feb. 10, divers from across the state came to Lincoln Southeast High School (LSE) to compete in the Heartland Athletic Conference (HAC). The event took place during school hours with the boys events beginning at 9 a.m. and the girls at 12 p.m. 

Sophomore diver Evan Farr says that to prepare for this competition, he “took it calmly”, and tried his best to “stay collected and not forget what [he] was doing”. 

Farr says that this meet was a sort of fun and laid back meet. He was able to enjoy his time out of school while not letting the nerves of big events get to him. 

While there were only three Knights competing in the diving portion of the event, LSE was able to perform well at the conference. Farr came in 8th and freshman Eve Nelson was able to secure 1st on the girls side of things. 

While Farr was able to enjoy this meet, the looming threat of State remained in the back of his mind. Some are unable to attend State, so HAC is the last meet for those individuals. Fortunately for Farr, the pool of participants in diving is few enough that he will be in attendance.

In preparation for the event Farr says he will be “working extra hard in practice”.

Farr has two weeks to work extra hard before State begins. State Swimming and Diving, which is hosted at the Bob Devaney Sports Center, begins Feb. 24, and ends Feb. 26.