The Student News Site of Lincoln Southeast High School

The Clarion

The Clarion

The Clarion

The BookTok Trap
The BookTok Trap
June 9, 2024
Forced To Fit In
Forced To Fit In
June 6, 2024
Breaking Barriers
Breaking Barriers
June 4, 2024
Graphic by Jenna Steinke
TikTok Ban
June 3, 2024
Adventures Abroad
Adventures Abroad
May 30, 2024

LSE’s Swiftie Club

Taylor Swift brings together a group of high schoolers who think she’ll “never go out of style”
LSEs Swiftie Club

The January 2024 establishment of LSE’s Swiftie Club marked the start of a new era for a group of Taylor Swift fans who know her music “All Too Well.” Every last Tuesday of the month, the 20 members in this club meet up to share Taylor Swift updates and news, create personalized friendship bracelets, watch her music videos and bond as a group.

This club was originally founded by two foreign exchange students, Josefine Edvardsson (11) and Malou Nielsen (11), who quickly became close friends and decided to create a club that revolved around their common favorite artist, Taylor Swift. Since the start, many students have become involved in the group and have high hopes for the future of the Swiftie Club. In fact, two of the Swifties involved, Amber Hazen (11) and Alana Northouse (11), aspire to be club officers in the near future.

“My friend Amber and I are thinking about being officers next year, to see if we can better improve [the Swiftie Club],” said Northouse. “I know we are thinking about doing more bracelet-making activities, [and] we’re thinking about making T-shirts and sweatshirt designs.”

At the Tuesday, March 26 club session, students walked through the doorway dressed in their finest Taylor Swift merch. They conversed about Swift and Travis Kelce sightings in the Bahamas, then decided to make Swift-related beaded bracelets, a common trend amongst fans, and finished off the club session by playing a few of her songs.

While the majority of LSE students and staff members have at least heard of Taylor Swift, very few are as passionate about her music, concerts, boyfriends, and other aspects of her exciting life as Southeast teacher and Swiftie Club Sponsor Cierra Bremer, and the members of the Swiftie Club.

Bremer believes that being involved in this group is a great opportunity for high schoolers to be social with people who share a similar love for one of pop culture’s greatest icons, and that the club is a place that provides a positive environment for many students.

“My favorite part of the Southeast Swifties is the community we are building! It’s great for students to have a community where they know they are welcome and they belong,” she said. “Swifties are full of love and are some of the kindest people around. I hope the students in the club are meeting new people and developing new friendships.”