The Clarion

Blood Drive: Don’t be so O negative, the blood drive is an A positive good time

Back to Article
Back to Article

Marko Jerkovic, Sports Editor

On Wednesday, Oct. 3, LSE held their tenth annual blood drive in the LSE Wrestling Room. The blood is being donated to the Nebraska Community Blood Bank. In previous years the biannual drive was run by the LSE club, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), but last year they worked together with the LSE club, Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA). This year was the first time that HOSA worked the blood drive alone,

“The assistance FBLA gave us last year, really helped us be successful in marketing and executing the drive,” junior and HOSA officer Lauryn Medbery said.

When donating blood, each pint saves three lives on average.

“It takes so little time for you to come down and donate, and you can’t imagine what kind of an impact you can have on another person,” Medbery said.

More than 60 people donated blood on Wednesday which will save close to 200 lives.

About the Writer
Marko Jerkovic, Staff Writer

Marko Jerkovic is a Staff Writer for The Clarion News Team. He is a senior at Lincoln Southeast and is also involved in Young Democrats, KnightVision and...