Ajantae’ Hogan makes LSE basketball history scoring 1,000 points

Ajantae Hogan dunks the ball at a game against Pius X during his Freshman year. During his four-year career playing basketball at LSE, Hogan made history by scoring more than 1,000 points.

Image by: Tyler Vander Woude

Tyler Vander Woude

Ajantae’ Hogan dunks the ball at a game against Pius X during his Freshman year. During his four-year career playing basketball at LSE, Hogan made history by scoring more than 1,000 points. Image by: Tyler Vander Woude

Jerrica Zuhlke, Copy Editor

On Jan. 15, 2021, Lincoln Southeast (LSE) senior Ajantae’ Hogan made history scoring his unprecedented 1,000th point during a boy’s basketball game against Grand Island. This was not an easy feat, as it has only been accomplished a handful of times in LSE history. 

“It is very difficult to reach 1,000 points because you have to be pretty good at getting the ball in the hoop and you have to have teammates and a coaching staff that pushes you everyday in practice,” Hogan said. 

Basketball has been a lifelong journey for Hogan, who has been playing for as long as he can remember. As for what made him love basketball so much, Hogan thanks his father for starting him on his path to success. 

“My dad probably drew me to basketball the most because he played basketball when he was younger and he is the one who put a ball in my hands when I was three years old and ever since then I haven’t looked back,” Hogan said. 

Hogan’s positions as small forward and shooting guard also allowed him to score this almost inconceivable amount of points. A small forward is considered one of the most versatile positions, since they are allowed to pass the ball, defend, rebound and score points. These positions, combined with Hogan’s years of experience, allowed for him to make his way into LSE history. 

As for Hogan’s plans after graduation, basketball will continue to be a main priority. 

“I plan on playing basketball in college, I just don’t know where I’m going as of right now,” Hogan said. 

Perhaps Hogan will know where he will be playing basketball in the collegiate level before spring signing day, which is nationally recognized as May 1. For now, however, Hogan will continue to break records right here at LSE.